The role will report to the Head of Compliance and work closely with business, tech, operations, legal and risk teams to conduct compliance assessments and provide compliance and risk mitigation requirements for new product development, geographical expansion, and changes to existing products. Ensuring compliance with rules, regulations and standard processes that govern how we conduct business. This applies to how transactions (customer onboarding, trades and settlements) are handled, how client accounts are maintained and monitored, as well as how the organization operates as a business.
- Proactively identifying and communicating deficiencies or gaps with regulatory compliance; providing guidance in the development of alternative solutions or implementation of corrective action
- Conducting compliance risk assessments programs e.g. Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) risk assessment and Privacy Risk assessment.
- Managing the risk register with respect to compliance matters
- Ensuring AML programs are in line with current industry best practices and both efficient and effective in terms of internal controls
- Developing risk rules and definitions for customer screening and transaction monitoring for KYC, AML & CTF
- Developing/enhancing policies around the incident and breach management
- Managing the daily operation and monitoring of AML/compliance programs.
- Developing and maintaining the compliance obligations documentation
- Assisting in updating AML policies and procedures according to jurisdictions where the organization currently operates or intends to apply for a license
- Conducting enhanced due diligence for business partners and clients in line with the AML policies and AML laws and regulations.
- Assessing Fraud Risk and working closely with the operations team in mitigation of fraud and reviewing cases flagged as suspicious transactions by the organisation’s fraud detection tool
- Assisting the business owners to understand their compliance obligations. Implementing compliance programs for business owners. Discuss ongoing compliance issues and resolve them appropriately.
- Advising on compliance implications for specific transactions, new products and businesses.
- Liaising with compliance teams in other jurisdictions to assist them with CDD and EDD procedures on request to manage the volume.
- Ensuring system updates when various watch lists are updated; testing systems to ensure updates are successful.
- Providing necessary advice to the customer support team in handling compliance-related issues with customers.
- Where necessary, working with the Operations, Legal and Business teams to remediate incidents of non-compliance.
- Acting as the liaison officer for all internal audits (in relation to compliance), external compliance and regulatory examinations.
- Transaction reporting: filing annual compliance reports, suspicious transaction reports, and others as needed to regulators (e.g. MSO, HKMA)
- Regular reporting on key compliance metrics to senior management
- Minimum 3-5 years of compliance experience in regulatory, banking, fin-tech other financial areas.
- Knowledge of AML/KYC compliance, financial regulatory compliance, compliance testing, fraud detection and mitigation, auditing and regulatory issues.Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to details
- Effective project management, organizational, analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Must be results-oriented and have the ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Experience in managing compliance programs for regulated e-payments, e-commerce or related activities.
- Excellent relationship management skills, including the ability to interact with individuals at various levels internal and external to the company.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while managing multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Proven ability to develop and implement new business plans or change direction in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills; ability to analyze and respond to issues.
- Familiarity with and experience in using relevant systems and applications, as applicable
How to apply
Please submit your latest resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us via the portal below to apply for the position above. Due to a huge number of interests/applicants, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. We have also implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely.
Liquid Group is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.