At Liquid Group, we believe that our people are our greatest assets and are at the heart of everything we do. We value innovation, taking initiative, and being open to learning. We keep our processes simple and practical so that we can focus on things that truly matter.
We are looking for a high-performing software engineer unafraid of working with new technologies, with the track record to prove it. Past experience and the right tech stack are important, but it is more essential than you are motivated, self-driven, and willing to grow and learn. Liquid Group engineers are experts in their fields and leaders among their peers; we expect you to have these qualities too.
As a software engineer, you will get the chance to work on all parts of the system with a team of brilliant-minded and fun-loving people.
Functionally, this includes building APIs to support various mobile applications, integration with a wide range of fintech players, various web portals, and our settlement and reporting system.
In terms of process, this means getting involved in almost every phase in the software development lifecycle, from business requirement discussions, technical design, implementation, QA support, deployment to production support.
Ideally, you should be someone who has:
- Passion about building software of the highest quality
- An open mind to learn new things and the curiosity to understand how things work
- Desire to take ownership of your work and initiative to improve the product
- Ability to understand the complex business logic
The main technical skills we are looking for are:
- Proficient in object-oriented programming languages, especially .NET Core (ASP.NET Core)
- Proficient in relational database development, modeling, and performance optimization
- Strong in general software design, and specifically REST API design
- Deep understanding of how to design software to support scalability, responsiveness, security, and maintainability, and the ability to reason and articulate the design
- Proficient in object-relational mapping techniques
- Experience in Git
- Familiar with software design principles, patterns and understand how to apply them
- Resourceful and skilled in problem-solving with a flexible and adaptable work style
- Team player with the ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment
Optionally you should also have:
- Domain knowledge of payment and Fintech, the experience of handling credit card transaction
- Domain knowledge of loyalty system (discount, vouchers, rewards etc)
- Knowledge of AWS: S3, API Gateway, Lambda, EKS/ECR, KMS, VPC, EC2
- Experience in DevOps and CICD
- Experience in Docker and Kubernetes
- Profiling and instrumentation techniques
- Good microservices design principles and techniques
How to apply
Please submit your latest resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the position above. Due to a huge number of interests/applicants, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. (During the COVID-19 pandemic, most of our employees are working from home. We have also implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely.)
Liquid Group is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.