What Is PayNow?
PayNow is an electronic fund transfer service supported by 9 participating banks and 3 non-bank Financial Institutions (NFIs) in Singapore.
You can transfer SGD funds instantly between Liquid Account and any bank account in the 9 banks or NFI e-wallets, using either a payee’s registered mobile number, NRIC/FIN, UEN number, or Virtual Payment Address (VPA).
Top-up or transfer funds to and from your Liquid Account using PayNow!
Top up and transfer anytime:
PayNow is free for consumers, instant, and available 24/7, 365 days a year.
You don’t need to enter card
or bank details.
Transact securely with your preferred banking app or NFI e-wallet.
How It Works?
- Step 1 : Launch your PayNow supported app and login.
- Step 2 : Select PayNow.
- Step 3 : Key in the mobile number registered with “Liquid Account” for PayNow top-up.
- Step 4 : The list of PayNow Participant apps linked with the mobile number entered will be displayed.
- Step 5 : Select “+(Country Code)(mobile number)#XNAP”.
- Step 6 : Bank app will display your nickname registered with Liquid.
- Step 7 : Enter the amount to transfer to Liquid Account e.g. $500.
- Step 8 : Verify the details and confirm the transfer.
- Step 9 : Bank app will display transfer is completed.
- Step 10 : Launch LiquidPay app and you can start making payments at Liquid merchants.
- Step 1 : Select “Transfer”.
- Step 2 : Select “PayNow to Mobile” to pay to individuals or “PayNow to UEN” to pay to businesses.
- Step 3 : Select the payment app with the payee’s account you wish to transfer to.
- Step 4 : Select “Confirm” to complete transaction.
Are you a Merchant and already have an account ?
Are you a Merchant and interesting in becoming partner ?
What is a VPA or virtual payment address?
A virtual payment address, or VPA, is an identifier used by the non-bank financial institutions that can be uniquely mapped to an individual account.
Your VPA with LiquidPay will always have the following format:
+(Country Code)(mobile number)#XNAP. For example, +6591234567#XNAP
You can link your VPA to your LiquidPay app to start sending and receiving funds via PayNow.
How is it different from existing PayNow?
The NRIC/FIN, Mobile Numbers and UENs used by banks to allow users to link their preferred bank account to PayNow.
VPAs are used by non-bank financial institutions (NFIs) to allow users to link their e-wallets, such as Liquid Account, to PayNow.
Can I have both PayNow bank account and PayNow e-wallet?
Yes. You can continue to use NRIC/FIN, Mobile Numbers, or UENs with your existing bank account, while simultaneously holding PayNow e-wallets offered by the non-bank financial institutions (NFIs). It is also possible for you to have multiple PayNow e-wallets by the various NFIs, as each e-wallet will be differentiated by an unique VPA depending on the entity offering the e-wallet.
How do I activate PayNow on my Liquid Account?
You can activate your account for PayNow after completing a consumer verification process via MyInfo.
How do I top up via PayNow?
You will be able to top up your Liquid Account using your preferred bank app after activating PayNow on your Liquid Account.
Are there any charges for using PayNow to send money and receive money via Liquid Pay?
There are no charges imposed for using PayNow at the moment, it is free to use.
Who should I contact if I’m having issues?
Please contact your bank directly for issues with PayNow on your bank app. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for issues on our LiquidPayapp.